The certification process can be described in ten steps:
- Purchase and download the e-Stewards Standard (which includes ISO 14001), along with the required Sanctioned Interpretations (amendments) to the standard. Review the Policies and Guidelines.
- Set up your ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) according to the Standard. This will include the systems for taking care of environment, health & safety, data security, and social accountability. Independent consultants are available to assist.
- Get price quotes from the e-Stewards accredited independent certifying bodies (CBs) for all of your electronic recycling facilities in each country in which you wish to certify.
- Sign a contract with one of the CBs and schedule your audits.
- Fill out and return the Revenue Verification Form (RVF) to the e-Stewards program administrator.
- Determine with the program administrator your annual license and marketing fee from the sliding scale, and pay the one-time initiation fee (based on half of the annual license fee).
- Fill out the company information form for listing your company on the e-Stewards website.
- Complete Stage 1 and Stage 2 audits at your first facility 18 months from the initial audit).
- Send signed e-Stewards Licensing and Marketing Agreement to e-Stewards program administrator and pay annual license fee.
- Continue getting all of your facilities certified (within one country), and send us the updated information.
Click here to download our detailed Ten Steps Checklist for getting certified.