The certification process can be described in ten steps:
- Purchase and download the e-Stewards Standard (which includes ISO 14001), along with the required Sanctioned Interpretations (amendments) to the standard. Review the Policies and Guidelines.
- Set up your ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) according to the Standard. This will include the systems for taking care of environment, health & safety, data security, and social accountability. Independent consultants are available to assist.
- Get price quotes from the e-Stewards accredited independent certifying bodies (CBs) for all of your electronic recycling facilities in each country in which you wish to certify.
- Sign a contract with one of the CBs and schedule your audits.
- Fill out and return the Revenue Verification Form (RVF) to the e-Stewards program administrator.
- Determine with the program administrator your annual license and marketing fee from the sliding scale, and pay the one-time initiation fee (based on half of the annual license fee).
- Fill out the company information form for listing your company on the e-Stewards website.
- Successfully complete Stage 1 and Stage 2 audits.
- Send signed e-Stewards Licensing and Marketing Agreement to e-Stewards program administrator and pay annual license fee.
- Continue getting additional facilities certified (within the same country), within 18 months of initial certification, and send us updated information.
Click here to download our detailed Ten Steps Checklist for getting certified.