Current e-Stewards certifying bodies
The following certification bodies are accredited by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) to certify companies to the e-Stewards Standard. Recyclers with an objective of becoming an e-Stewards Recycler must contract with one of these organizations to independently audit and certify all their e-waste operations as conforming to the e-Stewards Standard.
NSF International Strategic Registrations, Ltd.
Stacey L. Blazik
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Mobile: (419) 370-1311
Fax: (267) 274-9900
Orion Registrar, Inc.
Arvada, Colorado, USA
QMI – SAI Global
John Fraser (Toronto, Canada)
Headquarters: Independence, Ohio, USA
(800) 465-3717 ext 8671
If recycler is already ISO 14001 Certified
e-Stewards candidates that are already ISO 14001 certified or registered may request that their ISO 14001 registration be transferred to the e-Stewards certification body so the ISO portion of the e-Stewards audit may not have to be repeated in the first year. e-Stewards CBs are encouraged to respect the work of other qualified CBs in quoting certification costs for clients already registered to ISO 14001.
Certification body (CB) requirements
The certification bodies authorized to participate in the e-Stewards certification program must meet the following requirements, among others. e-Stewards CBs must:
- Be accredited by ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB), or another BAN-designed accreditation body, through a series of independent and ongoing reviews, audits, and witnessed assessments, as meeting the rigorous e-Stewards accreditation requirements;
- Be accredited ISO 14001 certification bodies. Applicant certification bodies must be accredited by ANAB (or recognized national equivalents) to deliver ISO 14001 certifications for at least one year prior to application as an e-Stewards CB;
- Meet the ISO/IEC 17021 requirements for bodies providing audits and certification of management systems;
- Demonstrate a background in the electrical, electronics and recycling industries;
- Have sufficient audit staff available who are trained and qualified according to a rigorous auditor training approved by BAN, and currently provided by SAI Global training division; and
- Have a working knowledge of the Basel Convention for Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal.
To view comprehensive requirements for e-Stewards certification bodies, see: